Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Review: My Year with Eleanor

My Year with Eleanor My Year with Eleanor by Noelle Hancock
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thoroughly charming - this is a genre of book which I do not often explore but I wanted to wrap up my summer reading on a light note. All of the events are true - the author writes about herself. She is a 29 year old Yale grad who wants to find herself and find meaning in her life. It sounds hackneyed but the interesting twist is that she (more or less) channels Eleanor Roosevelt to create the fortitude she needs to face her own fears. Its depiction of modern-day "Why does everything seem so difficult?!" angst, is absolutely spot-on. Eleanor Roosevelt's history, which is artfully woven through this author's journey, is powerful and inspirational. The author herself is a laugh riot; she is genuinely funny. It gets two thumbs up. I am recommending it to every female college student and young-ish professional woman I know, although it is truly a book to be enjoyed by anyone. Next, I am planning to read up on Eleanor Roosevelt!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment