Friday, December 9, 2016

Review: Rules of Civility

Rules of Civility Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mr. Towles has an uncanny talent for creating charming characters. There is an everlasting spirit of optimism in his style. As with "A Gentleman in Moscow", I found myself grinning the entire time I was reading.
Although, in this Towles book, I often had a feeling that the author was meandering, trying to decide what this story was all about, there was never a time when I considered putting the book down. It was just too darn pleasant.
While our central character dismisses the rules of civility toward the end of the book (no, this is not a spoiler), it is abundantly clear from Mr. Towles' writing that he never will. Thank goodness!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment