Monday, June 26, 2017

Review: The Road to Sparta : Retracing the Ancient Battle and Epic Run That Inspired the World's Greatest Foot Race

The Road to Sparta : Retracing the Ancient Battle and Epic Run That Inspired the World's Greatest Foot Race The Road to Sparta : Retracing the Ancient Battle and Epic Run That Inspired the World's Greatest Foot Race by Dean Karnazes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you are curious about the history of Greece, this is the book for you. I am more interested in what makes Dean Karnazes tick, so I'm going to pick up one of his other books. This I did not find compelling. The writing was a bit flat but mostly I chose poorly. Ancient Greece and the ancient battles - Marathon, Thermopylae, etc - hold no special place in my heart and occupy no real estate in my brain. I think I'll go back to 2005 and read UltraMarathon Man!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment