Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Review: Faithful

Faithful Faithful by Alice Hoffman
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

To be fair, I did not know that this was a Young Adult/Youth/Teen book when I picked it up. To be fair, I saw Alice Hoffman and thought Alice Sebold. Don't know why.

I started reading it and thought it was boring. I like my books to send me ideas like big ocean waves. I like sentences that fall on me like a thunderclap. This was just chapter after chapter of soft, tame lapping water -- kind of every day stuff, apart from the tragedy in the beginning, which is definitely not everyday stuff. I only finished it out of a sense of duty. I don't like leaving things undone.

It was predictable and not objectionable in any way. It was fine , but felt like a waste of time.

Again, to be fair, a young person might connect to the content in the lives of the characters in this book. I absolutely could not.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment