Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Review: The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science

The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reading this book once is simply not enough. I just finished the audio version, but now I must have a hard copy in which to write notes and in order to engage fully with all of the fascinating studies on brain neuroplasticity. This stuff makes my heart beat faster - never again will I take my neuronal real estate for granted. My favorite quote from this book: "Nothing speeds brain atrophy more than being immobilized in the same environment: the monotony undermines our dopamine and attentional systems crucial to our brain plasticity".

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment