Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Review: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was an enjoyable, breezy read - perfect for a rainy day or a lounging beach day. The plot is rather linear and at times sophomoric but I did learn some stuff about cutting edge technology. It marries the charm of the old and the magnetism of the very new rather well.

For me the sign of a great book is when I grab a note book to jot down profound ideas that are revealed to me while reading. I did not need to do this while reading Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, but I did dig into one or two wiki articles to further explore some techie topics.

All in, a good book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment