Monday, January 28, 2019

Review: Reservation Road

Reservation Road Reservation Road by John Burnham Schwartz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You are going to need chocolate. And tissues. And wine (although possibly something stronger). I did not know what this book was about before reading it, but I had read The Commoner two years ago and that sparkling gem put John Burnham Schwartz on my radar. Where he shall remain.

This book, Reservation Road, will take the wind out of you from the start. Every angle of the horror-struck, grief-ridden, and heartbroken is explored. Meticulously. I wanted to stop reading because it was just so sad, but I couldn’t. Schwartz can make a sentence sing with immaculate construction and perfect heft, and like enchanting sirens, they transfixed this reader. Page after page.

Magnificently imagined and flawlessly penned, of course.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment