Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Review: The Brothers Karamazov

The Brothers Karamazov The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Phew! This was a tough one to get through but so worthy of the effort. So weighty were some of the eternal questions put forth in the dense dialogues, that I did feel the need to tune in to some Yakety Sax for a few minutes of relief. I would have liked to have known the brothers - not so much the father. Dostoyevsky could have been an architect - his blueprint for building his message is so very elegant. I thought. I learned. I winced when my own sensibilities were challenged (this is a good measure for a great book....but the world does not need me to tell them that Brothers Karamazov is a great book). So, hey, read this dang book. You will be better for it !

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment